CYDA core program areas
Almost all our programs are closely linked with sustainable development goals ( SDGs), thus contributing to the global goals locally. They include
- Ensuring improved learning opportunities through Life skill education and reproductive health education and Awareness for Adolescents in Pune urban Marathi medium schools.
- Improving Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in Communities and government schools.
- Reducing violence and improving gender equality among rural population in Chhattisgarh and Maharashtra.
- Promoting peaceful and inclusive societies through Youth4Change movements.
- Skill building to create jobs and entrepreneurship towards promoting inclusive socio-economic growth of marginalized youth.
- Youth4Change: The aim of this program is to bring youth leadership through internships, exposure programs, and sensitisation as well as by providing opportunities to initiate, innovative activities. This program aims at networking and forming Youth4Change groups where young people become change agents in society. CYDA, till date, has reached out to over half a million youth in rural and urban locations. Through this program young people promote peaceful, inclusive societies through youth4change movements.
- Health4Change: The purpose of this program is to improve education situation of poor and marginalised children in govt schools both in the urban and rural areas. These programs address, growing up issues, Gender equality, sexual and reproductive health awareness and rights of adolescents and abuse in schools which helps to improve their educational environment in schools This has been CYDA's flagship program and has till date reached to over 60,000 adolescents in Pune district.
- M-WASH4Change: CYDA believes that menstrual hygiene management, water, sanitation and hygiene are important aspects of human lives. It is important that these habits are inculcated at an early age. With the support of corporate, school management and municipal education departments CYDA contributes to improve M-WASH situation in schools. Presently CYDA works in 100 schools in pune city. CYDA proposes to reach out ashram shalas in Osmanabad districts of Maharashtra from next year.
- Skills4Change: The purpose of this program is to enhance skills of young people- especially 18 years and above so that they become productive human resource of society. Youth who are trained, certified and skilled to address the challenges of growth and convert their idea into opportunities in a competitive world. Presently CYDA trained 25 young people in Chhattisgarh as entrepreneurs.
- Media4Cahnge: CYDA encourages young people to support its activities through photography, making documentary films, films screening, street theatres, sports activities to promotes local cultures and traditions amongst its members.
For more details write to email@example.com